1.12.07

Christmas Fever

Currently Reading: Undercover (Beth Kephart) YA fiction & romance, 3/5
Mood: Exhilarated


Ah, so it was the Christmas stroll today. For those of you who don’t know what that is (probably most of you), that’s when all the businesses on Main have well…booths and all in the street, there’s other random food venues there, you can do crafts, go Christmas shopping, and take sleigh rides through the park. And, oh yeah, Santa is there. Of course.
So right now, you’re thinking “sounds fun,” aren’t you? Well, yeah, but then factor in the like, 6 degree weather and then the wind chill that probably takes it well below zero. Sounds like frostbite waiting to happen.
The choir that my mom used to direct sang as we walked down Main with Santa and used our “singing power” to light the gigantic arachnoid1 Christmas trees strung up over the traffic lights…and it took way too long. My mom is good friends with the new director, so she was asked to come and help out. Lucky me got to help too, and I’ll tell you, by the end of the procession, I swear both my feet and hands were encased in blocks of ice. It was that bad. Thankfully, the fire station at the end of the route always has hot chocolate (and we’re talking burn-your-tongue-hot here) and cookies. So I lived.
Earlier today, I went Christmas shopping…and ran a few other errands as well. Man, everywhere we went was incredibly loud and crowded. Ah, Christmas season. Gotta love it, no? Until next time…

xxx
Caryn

1 resembling a spider's web.

No comments: