4.12.07

Concert! (and the rest of my day)

Concert! (And the rest of my day)
Well, today I managed to do not only one embarrassing thing, but two. Or, I guess, other people said they were embarrassing. As for me, I don't get embarrassed all that easily. The first was in gym class. We're learning the sidestroke today—something I've been able to do for ages—and my teacher picked me to demonstrate the sidestroke to the rest of the class. The first time wasn't so bad…all I had to do was swim across in front of them while they observed from the edge of the pool. The second time, our teacher had the bright idea of showing everyone my glide by having me see how few strokes I could get across the pool it. So I went across, in 7 or 9 (I think) and he told me to come back and see if I could do better. I came back, apparently swimming crooked on the way, and when I was really close to the wall, I looked up and realized I was really really close to Sam with my leading arm. Yes, Sam is a boy, not just a nickname for one of my girlfriends. And he was sitting with his legs, like, in the pool. And then he had to make some gross joke about it. Ugh. Then, next period after class, I went outside to get to my next class (you would too if you had to hike all the way across our giganticly spread out school) and slipped on the ice there and totally totally wiped out. I was with Wiley at the time, and he laughed soo hard about it! And made fun of me. As I so eloquently put it later, the ground and I had a tripping match, and I lost. Anyhow, falling made my pants extremely muddy…and then in band (7th period), our teacher noticed that my pants were muddy and asked me loudly in front of the whole class if I fell. Needless to say, Wiley answered that one for me! Actually, the first time my teacher asked me, we were in the middle of playing. Wiley is 1st clarinet, his girlfriend1 Katie is 2nd, and I am 3rd. So of course Katie had been told. All 3 of us cracked up in the middle of the song. Not good. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever live it down.
Concert tonight! I'm pretty excited, cause I love band so much! I don't know if we're prepared…some people in our band were having issues today. But I still want to do it! The only downside is that we have to wear the "maniforms." We call them that because our uniforms have man pants, I swear. So, for the night, all of us girls get to play dress up! Though I do think I'd make a pretty hot guy..;) That's all for now. Until next time…
xxx Caryn
1 As of Friday in band

No comments: