7.12.07

Poem And More...

Sorry I haven't posted recently...but nothing exciting has been happening. Just same old same old, klutzy behaviors and all. And a couple of interesting days in band. Well, here's something I wrote yesterday. Hope you like it...until next time.
xxx
Caryn
"Like That"
7.12.2007
And it's not like I care "like that"
But just for once want you to bleed
Now tell me, does it seem so bad
To ask what you once had of me?
Because so many years I cried
I guess I should be glad they're gone
But with this feeling here inside
Not being there is just so wrong.
So ask me, "What's wrong with your brain?
Does something make you want to bleed?
Are you a sucker for the pain
That I push down inside of me?"
And now I don't know what to say
As I see how I really am,
Just wishing I could have my way
Without a longing for your hand.
But did I really give you up?
Or have I loved you all along?
My other feeble stabs at love
A shield for my only one?
And do you think of me that way?
I know that, once upon a time
I ruined cause I wouldn't say
That you were really on my mind.
And are we meant to be or cursed?
One of those love that never happened
Though it was so clear from the first
One of those loves that just should have been?
I've now exhausted all my love
So I slip back to my standby
Of lapping adoration up
And then I turn away and cry.
-Caryn
Kudos to you if you can figure out what this means...and where I really stand. I don't get it yet.
You may know who this is about, though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the poem. I'm new to your blog (I'm BlackOpal on Fangathering) but I love it so far. It's such a great thing for teenage girls to read.
As for the Poem; I don't know what it is about but it is extremely powerful. It flows nicely too.