2.12.07

Moving Day (Part 1) and James Potter

Today I got to help my dad move1 into his new place. It’s very pretty inside, with cream-colored walls and brown carpet, but it is a pretty small apartment. However, it’s not like it will be full or anything. It’ll just be him and sometimes me, depending on what happens with custody.
Maybe I should bring you guys up to speed on what’s happening. My parents are going to get a divorce (my dad’s idea) and they’re currently in the living-in-separate-places stage. There’s no way this is gonna blow over, so I’m just ready for what comes. For the record, my dad is a pretty big asshole2…he’s incredibly controlling of everything around him and totally OCD about odd things as well. Right now, he’s obsessing over his diet, and won’t eat certain foods because his allergic reactions to them “make his head feel funny.” In my opinion, it’s not the food that’s making his head feel funny. His head is funny. Anyhow, both my mom and I are ready for him to leave, and I’m crossing my fingers for as little of him as possible. I definitely want to live with my mom.
When it comes down to it, I didn’t really get to do much today. I put hangers in all of the closets and then wandered around, looking at the place. At least I got some exercise. The landlady came over and I met her as well. She seemed to be very nice, and her grandson Bryce is in my science class. It’s a small world! Actually, it’s just a small town and I knew that already.
Also, heads up for James Potter and the Hall of Elder’s Crossing—The ultimate Harry Potter fanfic (title is link). I’m currently enjoying it! I’m not gonna give out the passwords here, but if you’re one of my forum friends who wants to know, PM me and I’ll think about it. Until next time…

xxx
Caryn

1 redefined for today as go-in-and-scope-out-the-new-place
2 Excuse my French

No comments: